Role: Technical Architect
Location: Home/office based in country
Tradelogic Ltd provides bespoke trading support software and is a specialist provider of strategic consultancy for the energy and commodity markets. Our experienced team help energy, utility and financial institutions meet the major challenges of the energy markets, from the front office through to data capture and analysis. Our Tradelogic frameworks help trading desks improve their speed and efficiency of trade execution, decision support, and trading data management.
We are looking for a C# Technical Architect responsible for building C# applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to lead the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. The role needs an individual who is self-motivated, drives team standards and who is able to work with a distributed team. Willingness for occasional travel required and happy to lead by example..
– Ensure that the application is built with a robust and scalable architecture that supports high frequency transaction processing
– Lead an Agile team.
– Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
– Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
– Create a well designed, fully documented, supportable application
– Mentor the team and focus on the quality of the team as well as the product
– Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its available environments.
– Familiarity with the .NET frameworks.
– Strong understanding of object-oriented programming with familiarity of various design and architectural patterns.
– Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#.
– Experience with Windows Presentation Framework.
– Familiarity with service oriented architectures, specifically WCF.
– Familiarity with popular web application frameworks, such as MVC.
– Skill for writing reusable C# libraries.
– Familiarity, preferably experience with Microsoft SQL Server and database design.
– Knack for writing clean, readable C# code.
– Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application, especially SOLID.
– Basic understanding of the Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds.
– Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests including mocking.
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically Team Foundation Server.
– Experience working with FIX or other financial protocols is advantageous.
– Cloud computing knowledge would also be beneficial.
– Degree educated, 2.1 or above
– Computer Science preferred.
– 5 – 10 years experience in relevant industries